Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ol' Groove's Request Line: "Cathedral Prime!" by Warner, Sutton, and Jason

When Ol' Groove shared Logan's Run #6 last month, Professor Jenness quickly chimed in and pleaded, "PLEASE post the final LOGAN'S RUN comic!" Now how could any self-respecting Wizard of the Wild ignore such a fervent appeal? Here 'tis, Prof! "Cathedral Prime!" from Logan's Run #7 (April 1977) by John Warner, Tom Sutton, and Klaus Janson, complete with the Gil Kane/Al Milgrom cover. Who loves ya, baby?


















And thus Marvel's continuation of Logan's Run ended. Notice no kind of "is this the end?" blurb on the cover? Plus there's a "next issue" box on the last page. The plug must've been pulled fairly quickly--and without warning--on our favorite 23rd Century Sandman's mag. Wotta shame!

5 comments:

  1. THANK YOU! I have been wondering about this since I was a kid! You're awesome, Groove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Groove! This is awesome; I've been wondering about it since I was a cathedral cub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "next issue" box, with a teaser and story title, seems to indicate that the plug was indeed pulled rather unexpectedly (for the creative team anyway). It makes me wonder: I'm sure a script was already written, I wonder if Sutton (or someone else) had already completed some art?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just sold this book with a few other LR issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Klaus was bringing it with his inks here! Story-wise this title had more than a few good ideas to keep the book going forward

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!