Monday, November 22, 2010

Groove's Faves: "Conan Bound" by Thomas, Kane, and Sutton


Happy Birthday, Roy Thomas! Thank you for The Vision, Yellowjacket, Red Wolf, Squadron Supreme, Doc Samson, Valkyrie, Morbius, The Defenders, Adam Warlock, Thundra, Killraven, Iron Fist, The Invaders, 3-D Man, and so many more. Most of all, thanks for introducing me to the creations of Robert E. Howard. You put the "OOH!" in groovy, RT and the Diversions loves ya! To celebrate his 70th, let's dig on one of Roy's best epics from Giant-Size Conan #2 (September 1974). With art by Gil Kane and Tom Sutton, here is part two of Roy's adaptation of Robert E. Howard's Hour of the Dragon..."Conan Bound"!

4 comments:

  1. CROM! Happy big 70 Rascally One! As the Groovster stated here. Thank you for the decades of Marvelous stories & characters. I loved them all! Heck, I still wish the 70's never had to end!Thanks also for co-writting both the Conan movie screen plays & Fire & Ice with Gerry Conway!

    Here's to seeing many more tales penned by you. I'm still waiting to see a Invaders/JSA cross over & part II of MAN-GOD/Gladiator! Axis here we come! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When a friend recently posted a poll regarding influential authors, certainly the name of Roy Thomas came to my mind. If the non-comic public does not recognize the name, it is their literary loss. :)

    Happy birthday Roy Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Groove, tell me you're going to post the conclusion to this epic. I don't want to have to dig thru my highly disorganized stacks to find it. (Oh yeah, Happy Belated B'day to Roy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm OMAC, you're OMACSeptember 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM

    Pg 8 is same as pg 6 here?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!